Friday, March 13, 2009

Finally, Something To Shake Off The Funk.

I have not felt like posting anything here lately but something I have been waiting for has finally arrived to help chase the blues away.

What is it you ask? Well, I had an order in for a custom walnut grip for HK93 clone. My plan has been to not only have the forend and buttstock like some HK's have but to have the grip as well. Hell, you won't even see HK93's with would forends as they are really hard to find. My forend is a bastardized G3 forend that I had to cut down to work.

Anyways, here is the grip. It was made by John Downey and cost me $60 (with no finish applied) to my door. He offers them finished for $75.







.
BTW, here are a few grips he did for other people. Sweet lookin' grips, huh?






.
Oh, I almost forgot. I also got one of the much needed metal endcaps so that I may mount a wood buttstock to my rifle. I'm getting very close to having my rifle the way I have envisioned it. Now I got to get some tung oil and do some sanding!


No comments: