Sunday, March 22, 2009

My New Millet DMS-1 In Action!

Even though I didn't actually shoot the ACTS match this month (what else is new?) I did shoot one stage to try out my new Millet DMS-1 scope.

(For a full review of this month's ACTS match please click here: Cowboy Blob's March ACTS Match Review)

For those not familiar with the Millet DMS-1 scope the "DMS" stands for Designated Marksman Scope. It is a 1-4 x24 variable power scope with illuminated reticle. Some complain that the reticle illumination is not visible in bright sunlight and I must say they are correct. However, I didn't in the slightest find that it slowed me down or create any problems for me. Unlike a traditional red dot, the DMS still has the reticle even if the battery is dead. I consider that a huge bonus over an Aimpoint/EOtech. IMO, the lighted reticle is more for use in low light conditions and, in that it role, I do believe the lighted reticle would be an excellent choice for precision shooting. Here is a graphic of the reticle. For actual pics of the scope and the lit reticle see my earlier post titled "Hmm, Maybe Change Is Good?".





I must say that it was a big change from using an Aimpoint type red dot. Eye relief and alignment are something you have to pay attention to with the DMS. However, I did find that on the 1x setting I could shoot with both eyes open like a red dot and I was quite happy about that.

OK, enough of my rambling. Here is a vid of my first ever action with the Millet DMS-1.

(BTW, my setup consist of Vector HK93 clone, American Defense AD-SCOUT mount, Millet DMS-1 w/Butler Creek flip up lens caps)


No comments: