Sunday, June 21, 2009

ACTS Match - June '09

Wow, what a great time at the range today! We had a whopping 28 shooters today and everything ran pretty smooth except for the Stage I props being blown over repeatedly due to the wind. The temperature (94°) wasn't too bad suprisingly.

The best parts of the whole thing was that I didn't have to worry about running things and I actually shot the match for once. Now, I didn't do great but I know it was my handgun skills that let me down. I had a couple of large penalties on one stage that put me near the bottom of the pack. Oh well, I'll be better next match!

One last thing of note. I shot the match today using the wife's AR instead of my usual HK93 clone. Her rifle shot extremely well and functioned perfectly all day. On Stage II, in which you had to engage a target 5 times in 7 seconds at 175 yards, I managed to get 3 shots on paper out of 4 fired. Yeah, I ran out of time before I could fire the 5th shot. Stage II had a second string to it that required 2 targets to be engaged with 5 rounds each at 100 yards in 7 seconds total. On this string I got 10 out of 10!

I'll shut up for now. Here are a few pics from todays match.

(EDIT: Here is a link to 213 pics from the match! June '09 match pics - full set)









No comments: