Sunday, June 14, 2009

It is done!

Yep, the AR kit I have been waiting on since January 30th finally arrived on June 12th! I assembled it that night and it passed all function tests. I will be shooting it this week to sight her in and then using it at this months ACTS match.

The kit was ordered through J&T and I must say I am very happy with the kit. My only complaint is that the front handguard does not match well to the buttstock, PG, and mag. The buttstock color is off a bit also but not as bad as the handguard. If someone knows where to purchase one that matches well with P-mags please let me know.

As for the specs...

16" Lightweight, 1x9 chrome lined barrel, 5.56 NATO chamber, A2 flash suppressor
A3 Upper w/Tac-Latch, chromed bolt and carrier
Sun Devil billet lower with HK type pictogram markings
M4 six position stock, CAR handguards, A2 pistol grip - all in Coyote Brown

I will be using P-mags and have already mounted my Fakepoint to it. No BUIS at the moment as I haven't decided on which one.

The complete rifle with scope and empty mag weighs in at extactly 7lbs! That was the reason I ordered this rifle in the first place. My wife and kids said my HK93 clone was too heavy to shoot for more than a few rounds unless using a shooting rest. I thought it would just be cheaper for them to get stronger but they didn't go for that idea! My rifle weighs in at only a pound heavier but I know the bulk of the weight is further forward than an AR which makes it feel even heavier.

Here is a really crappy pic for now. I plan to take some better ones this week.

No comments: